AGinvest Farmland Properties Canada is a farmland asset manager based in Chatham, Ontario, Canada. In 2018, the firm launched the AGinvest Farmland One Fund, which offered investors access to farmland ownership in the rich growing region of Ontario. Since 2018, AGinvest has established three successor funds, all of which have performed well for investors and farm families.
AGinvest Farmland Properties Canada is unique in its mission to serve investors and farm families. We must help both sides achieve their goals and create winning opportunities that also help support our nation’s food security the future of farming and do so with a sharp focus on sustainability.
For more information on the firm and the opportunities that AGinvest provide investor and farm families, please visit: www.aginvestcanada.com
We are currently seeking one individual to serve as the Manager of Compliance and Accounting for our firm. The successful candidate will be joining the three partners, an operations manager and two farmland operations analysts, in a collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The ideal person will have diverse skills and experience in finance, compliance, and operations within the financial industry; a CPA designation is preferred.
Role and Responsibilities
The Manager of Compliance and Accounting will be responsible for managing the organization’s entire compliance program from top to bottom. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Accountable for managing the organization’s compliance with ongoing regulatory and legal requirements, as well as with internal policies and procedures
- Keeping abreast of new regulatory developments
- Fostering and maintaining a culture of compliance within the firm
- Establishing and implementing procedures and systems to ensure that the compliance and operations of the firm are efficient and effective
- Oversight and management of client onboarding and redemptions
- Assist the President, Chief Investment Officer and Operations team with the direction of the firm’s operations
- Maintain day to day financial transactions for the funds and the management company
- Report to auditors and outside financial partners regarding ongoing accounting procedures and obligations
- Communicate and present the firm’s financial standing as well as the funds financial standing consistently
- Work with auditors, appraisers, legal and fund accounting firms to communicate financial status.
- Previously experience in financial services with a keen interest in compliance and risk management
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and take on a variety of tasks and challenges
- Diligent, organized and with strong attention to details
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- A diverse set of skills and experience in the alternative investment industry
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- CPA designation with accounting experience
- Compensation will depend on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills.
For more information, or to apply, click here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2885620678/